Systems AdministratorART's ELECTRIC
Arts Electric Inc, located in Frankfort KY has been an industry leader for over 40 years. Proudly serving KY and surrounding states as well as international customers, Arts Electric provides outstanding service that is second to none. Visit our web page at www.artselectric.com.
Directly responsible for company computer systems and networks by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates and vendors.
- Designs, specifies, configures, installs, and maintains local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as personal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, bridges, switches, cabling, service providers, and other technology.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
- Establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Trains users on software and equipment usage.
- Responds to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Develops and communicates standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers, and data.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Consults with department managers to develop system solutions consistent with organizational objectives.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies.
- Negotiates contracts with and coordinates activities of hardware, software, telecommunications, support, and training vendors.
- Installs and tests software upgrades.
- Other related duties may be assigned.
- Licenses Current Driver's License and have own transportation, some provided.
- Education Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from accredited college or university;
- Experience Two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must pass a mandatory urinalysis drug/alcohol screening and Background check.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Knowledge for this position should include: A. Multiple Windows Server operating systems B. Windows 7 and 10 operating systems
- Maintaining applications in a Windows terminal server; repair, maintain and upgrade PC’s, servers, printers and related IT hardware & software.
- Maintenance and installation of routing & switching networks.
- Negotiating with service providers & hardware and software vendors.
- Antivirus and back up & disaster recovery protection.
- Enforcement of corporate IT policy.
- Working with management to plan for projects.
- Effective communications with management & staff.
- Ability to provide tech support to company service techs.
- Ability to assist in design/engineer IT projects and assist with CTI integration projects for customers.
The majority of the time will be spent in a non-smoking office environment, with little noise and with a controlled temperature. Additional time may be spent in the warehouse or at a customer’s facility; proper personal protective equipment will be required at that time. Normal vehicle and air travel hazards will apply. Travel will be in all types of weather. The normal workday will be from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. However, the hours may be long when specific projects are due, thus some extended schedules will be necessary.
Compensation: Based on education, experience, knowledge of field.
Art’s Electric is an equal opportunity employer including minorities, females, veterans & disabled.