Equipment Operator Heavy-LightART's ELECTRIC
Arts Electric Inc, located in Frankfort KY has been an industry leader for over 40 years. Proudly serving KY and surrounding states as well as international customers, Arts Electric provides outstanding service that is second to none. Visit our web page at www.artselectric.com.
Equipment Operator Heavy-Light
Under general supervision, person operates a variety of heavy equipment including, but not limited to, dump trucks, backhoe, track hoe, skid loader, trencher, digger derrick, man lifts, locating equipment, and boring machine. When not operating the machinery, the operator works as a laborer. Maintains equipment in proper operating condition by performing simple preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking the fluid & grease levels and tire pressure before each use. Assists others in backing their equipment. Assists in cleaning equipment, using proper materials. Excellent customer service skills.
1. The employee should keep all materials, tools, and equipment in an orderly fashion and keep the work area clean at all times, demonstrating safe work habits and proper care of tools and equipment.
1.1. Small tools and equipment case
1.2. Material handling and organizing
2. Also preforms the following:
2.1. Assists in wire pulls
2.2. Mounting and strapping
2.3. Understands safety requirements
3. Able to operate locator laser transit
4. Able to operate locator
5. Able to complete excavation permits
6. Other duties as assigned by company management.
1. LICENSES Current Driver's License, CDL, and have own transportation, some provided.
2. EDUCATION High School Diploma or GED.
3. EXPERIENCE - Five years experience operating heavy and light construction equipment.
4. MUST PASS A MANDATORY URINALYSIS DRUG/ALCOHOL SCREENING and Background check.
5. Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
6. Must be authorized to work in the US.
1.Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, snow.
2.Perform work at various heights, up to 90' or higher from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, cat walks or other safe work areas.
3.Work in restricted areas (switchgear room, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics).
4.Wear personal protective equipment hard hat, safety glasses, respirator when required.
5.Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers.
6.Able to work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, overtime as required and night shifts.
COMPENSATION: Based on education, experience, knowledge of field.
TO APPLY FOR POSITION: E-mail resume or Fax to: 502-223-8066 Apply in person at: 411 Holmes St., Frankfort, Ky. 40601 M-F 8am-3pm
Art’s Electric is an equal opportunity employer including minorities, females, veterans & disabled.